Thursday, October 15, 2015

House of Islam

House of Islam by Marmaduke Pickthall,
a novel that I must finish for the class activity ;p



" There is this, my father : I fear much to
die.
I fear the great darkness and the loneliness.
Thou knowest how I always have feared
to be alone in darkness, how I feel a jinni
clutch me, and I scream. O my dearest, O
Allah, what shall I do in a darkness which has
no boundary, in a silence whence no scream is
ever heard
?"

(Alia, House of Islam. Marmaduke Pickthall)

 "....ascribing to him that power of life and death
which is the prerogative of God alone."

 He went on to speak to them of his own
sin, quoting,
" Man prays for evil, as he prays
for good, for man is unthinking
;" when all
personal feelings became lost in pure admiration
of his golden gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment